Mobiles in-a-box from the Tactical Technology Collective is a collection of tools, tactics, how-to guides and case studies designed to help advocacy and activist organisations use mobile technology in their work.
Mobiles in-a-box is designed to inspire you, to present possibilities for the use of mobile telephony in your work and to introduce you to some tools which may help you. After reading the material in this toolkit you can expect to be able to design and implement a mobile advocacy strategy for your organisation.
Mobiles in-a-box contains:
- Tactics for using mobile phones to support advocacy
- Case studies on inspiring uses of mobile technology
- Tools and services that are available for use in mobile advocacy
- How-to guides to get you started with mobile advocacy
Mobiles in-a-box also contains introductory guides to help you work effectively with mobiles:
- Security explains how to use mobile technologies safely and securely
- Budgeting for mobile advocacy explains how to budget effectively for a mobile phone advocacy project
- Resources you will need explains how to scale your mobile advocacy efforts to the resources your organisation has available
- Links to explore other tools, services and mobile advocacy communities